Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dogs Rule

Tonight I was honored to be part of a dog behavior panel for Dogs Rule at the Brunswick Library. Put on by The Coastal Humane Society, it was attended by about 46 people and 16 pretty well behaved dogs.

I had only 15 minutes to talk about aggression, so with my short time, I chose to speak about how a lot of aggression is directly related to people misreading or totally missing what their dogs are telling them.

 Attendees got to take home a wonderful information packet from the panel, as well as the shelter.  The free food was yummy!   I think my favorite quote of the night came from Ken, Planet Dogs store manager who spoke about  enrichment toys for dogs.

He started his talk by saying "Kong is a four letter word in our store."

Have to say, Planet Dog's Orbie is a great toy and Ken was right, Planet Dog's toys like the Orbie and Strawberry do look better on the floor than that four letter Kong.



15 minutes was no where near long enough time to talk about aggression, but I was proud to do my part, and share information that will help people and dogs live more harmoniously.





I played this 2 minute short. It was fun to see my pals on the big screen.




Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

2 comments:

KateH said...

I liked the video - it was easy for me to understand the point and meaning of the photos, but I wondered about the last one with the muzzled dog. Was it to show that a muzzle can be helpful in preventing problems, or...?

gooddogz said...

Glad you liked the video. I chose the muzzled client as a jumping off point at the end of the movie. 15 mintues really was not enough time to speak about aggression. Not at all, but all the pics did get people thinking. I started the talk after the movie about why muzzles are a good thing and how to get dogs used to them.