Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Good Review for Kong Tugger Knots

Being asked to review dog toys is a nice  perk for the dogs and I. Admittedly, my  own dogs are not the toy hounds they used to be, but between foster dogs and visitors,we do always seem to have a revolving door of ready, willing, and able toy testers who are always  willing to help out.


Basically I look for two things when testing a toy.

1.) Do the dogs like it?

2.) Will it last.



The answer to question number one is yes the dogs liked it. They liked the rope and the stuffed animal texture and the squeaker right out of the box so to speak.   I wish I had video taped the wagging scene when I opened it. 



No soft toy will last unsupervised and poor little froggy did get a nibble taken out of it when I got busy with something else, but considering that we have had this toy for a few months now and it has been in heavy rotation, I think a little nick off the corner still warrants a pretty tough rating. Basically, the toy is a knotted rope with a plush frog over it. So even if they shredded the frog to bits, there is still a  toy underneath. Love that! Fair warning, this toy is not made for power chewers, it is designed to be interactive and I do not let the dogs  have at it unsupervised to shred it to bits.

Every dog who passed through my door liked it, including my own two, but none more than Border collie Jack, our Christmas guest.



If Charlee and Finney had a love child, it would be Jack.
  



Neighbor Bandit on the left has discovered that my life is a dog park.

  Jack did every thing to this toy that a dog could do, he tugged with other dogs, slept with it, carried it around endlessly, settled down and munched on it a bit to find the squeaker. Yesterday when we awoke to Burricane2010 I realized we had left the frog out in the storm. Oh well I thought, so much for that toy, but Jack had other ideas and he found it, dug it up and the dogs had a complete and total blast with it.




All the dogs were happy that Jack dug up the Kong Tugger knot. 
 


FYI - Yes, Jack is wearing a pink sparkle T shirt. He was afraid of the wind and having a tight t shirt on helped. We apologize to Jack for the embarrassment.



Charlee says -   "What's up with him? I love this storm."
 

3 comments:

SparkyF said...

That is an excellent review. I want one.

pamead said...

Completely surprised my dog Jack has not ripped that toy a part yet. I know what he is getting for an after Christmas toy.

I also can not believe you got him to wear cloths. No worries on the color he is colorblind.

BanditMom said...

Bandit liked it - when Jack would let him near it ! LOL